Are you an analytical leader with a passion for continuous improvement? Come join BlueStone, an award-winning family operated industry leader in property management, construction, and development where we love innovation and challenging the status quo. As a result of an internal transition, BlueStone Properties Inc., has an opening for a VP Finance. This role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with a team of senior leaders with extensive experience in the property management industry with long service at BlueStone Properties Inc.
Reporting to the President, the VP Finance is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial activities, including but not limited to, accounting and internal controls, financial budgeting, reporting and analysis, and regulatory reporting and financing.
- Participate in and contribute to Strategic Planning of the Organization including growth by acquisitions and construction
- Develop and lead high functioning accounting team with a focus on mentoring staff to achieve their greatest potential
- Coordinate the preparation and presentation of the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial information including financial statements, operating results, budgets, annual audit working paper files, recoveries, reconciliations, and billings and supporting documentation and other relevant analysis
- Lead long term financial planning and analysis including budgeting, forecasting, resource management and multi-year financial plans, providing insightful financial analyses, meaningful and accurate forecasts, clear explanations of business results, and guidance on financial consequences of strategic decisions
- Demonstrate expertise in devising and implementing financial systems, controls and processes, continuing to challenge the status quo to improve efficiencies
- Maintain long term established relationships with financiers, cost consultants, etc. and negotiate various financing options with key lenders for the purposes of operations and capital expenditures
- Continually assess company's risk management approach, identifying target risk levels and recommending strategies to manage risk accordingly while overseeing operations relating to insurance including policy review, liaising with brokerage for clarification on policies and managing incident report/ claim process
- Other duties as assigned by President
- University degree with a focus in Business, Accounting, or related field of study
- Professional Accounting Designation, CPA, is required
- 3-5 years' experience in senior management role leading a team of accounting staff
- Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel and exposure to custom database ERP's
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strength in analysis and analytical abilities
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits
- Employee committee with social and wellness events
- Complementary underground parking
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about BlueStone visit our social media and site at: https://www.bluestoneproperties.com/
BlueStone Properties Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment and selection process.